There is a plethora of different types of substance abuse and/ or addiction treatment programs available for individuals in need.
Each rehab program is different, and they can range from extremely modest to excessively luxurious, and everywhere in between. The treatment process for substance abuse and/ or addiction can be arduous and for most individuals, will require customized treatment plans. The term ‘luxury’ is subjective: what is luxurious to one person is not necessarily luxurious to someone else. The purpose of an individual attending a substance abuse and/ or addiction treatment program is to learn a variety of mental health coping mechanisms and useful tools to live a successful, satisfying, sober life. When in search of a luxury rehab center be sure to conduct due diligence, as luxury does not necessarily mean sophisticated clinical services. In order to gain a better understanding of a luxury rehab center and to narrow down your options, consider asking the following questions:
- What components of your program are luxury?
- Is it less restrictive than the typical rehab program?
- Is it more discreet than the typical treatment program?
- Can you provide me with a list of high-end amenities?
- What level of licensure do clinical staff members, group leaders, and residential staff members have? When looking at a residential rehab program, it is important to know who makes up the therapeutic and the residential staff. Find out the accreditation of the facility itself as well as the clinical staff.
- What does a daily schedule look like?
- What is your success rate? You want to select a program that tracks its success rate as it shows that they follow up with alumni and can implement changes to perpetually improve their success rates.
- What aftercare and follow-up services do you provide to your alumni?
- Do you have a waitlist? Making sure the timing is right and a bed is available when you are ready to commit is imperative.
It is important to be mindful of the fact that many luxury rehab programs allocate an imbalanced amount of their resources to providing a high-end experience (e.g., exquisite surroundings, gourmet foods, vacation-like activities, etc.) and fall short in facilitating the ample psychological work needed for lasting recovery. While the environment where this healing takes place could play a role in one’s continued success, the notion that it requires a luxury environment is erroneous. There are many highly-rated rehab programs that are not necessarily classified as luxury and are able to provide their residents with extraordinary individualized support throughout the entire treatment process.
Further Information and Support
Navigating the challenges that arise from living with mental illness, struggling with substance abuse, and/ or addiction can not only be all-consuming but are often impossible to effectively handle without proper support. If you are concerned for yourself or a loved one regarding mental illness, substance abuse, and/ or addiction we recommend reaching out for help as soon as possible. Bear in mind that you do not have to be on this journey alone. At Upwell Advisors, we offer unique, customized concierge therapeutic services to provide our clients with unparalleled support throughout every step of the recovery process.
Feel free to reach to contact us anytime via email at email@example.com. We look forward to supporting you on your journey.