Depending on the facility, you may be allowed to bring your cell phone to rehab.
However, once you are admitted to the treatment program, you will likely be asked to store your phone along with any other valuables you may have brought with you in a safe, inaccessible location, until your stay at the treatment facility is complete. It is important to remember that rehab is temporary and while there may be items, such as your cell phone, that will be hard to live without, a temporary separation may be necessary. Residing in a rehab facility is meant to help an individual by removing him or her from the various temptations and triggers that present in his or her outside life. Every rehab program is different and will have its own set of unique rules, including a list of prohibited items.
Additional Prohibited Items
The list of items that individuals should avoid bringing to rehab can vary slightly depending on the rules of each specific facility. However, there are several items that are typically prohibited, across the board, including but not limited to the following examples:
- Do not bring any over-the-counter medications, drugs, alcohol, or illicit substances into a rehab facility.
- Certain toiletries can contain alcohol (e.g., mouthwash, perfume, etc.) or other substances (e.g., hairspray) that are prohibited on the grounds of a substance abuse and/ or addiction treatment facility: do not bring them.
- Do not bring any small or large appliances with you to rehab.
- Do not bring pets.
- Do not bring expensive jewelry and/ or expensive belongings into a rehab facility.
- Do not bring weapons, as they are typically prohibited.
- Do not bring pornography, revealing clothing and/ or clothing with profanity into rehab.
- Do not bring candles or incense as they are usually prohibited.
- Do not bring cleaning supplies with you; any cleaning supplies you may need will generally be provided by the rehab facility.
The rules and regulations set by rehabs are designed to protect you from distraction and temptation, which better enables you to adhere to a treatment plan that helps to ensure continued success with your recovery.
Further Information and Support
Navigating the challenges that arise from living with mental illness, struggling with substance abuse, and/ or addiction can not only be all consuming but are often impossible to effectively handle without proper support. If you are concerned for yourself or a loved one regarding mental illness, substance abuse, and/ or addiction we recommend reaching out for help as soon as possible. Bear in mind that you do not have to be on this journey alone. At Upwell Advisors, we offer unique, customized concierge therapeutic services to provide our clients with unparalleled support throughout every step of the recovery process.
If left untreated, substance abuse, addiction, and/ or mental illness can result in long lasting and potentially life-threatening consequences. The earlier you seek support, the sooner you and your loved ones can return to leading happy, healthy, and fulfilling lives. Please do not hesitate to reach out for guidance. We welcome the opportunity to discuss how we might best be able to help you or your loved one in the recovery process. Feel free to reach out by phone at 917-475-6775. You are also welcomed to contact us anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to supporting you on your journey.